Instant ID verification supporting facial, fingerprint and iris biometrics.
From police patrols and first responders around the world to ID verification at airports, border crossings and railroads, we are there with our new mobile biometric devices.
Our hand-held biometric reader is designed specifically for on-the-spot mobile identity verification. The unit comes standard with a 37-key QWERTY keyboard that can be used to input critical data, as well a biometric fingerprint sensor and a contactless smartcard reader. Additional options include cameras for facial and/or iris biometric identification, and readers for contact cards, magnetic stripes or 2D barcodes.
It is ergonomically designed to be held comfortably in the user’s hand. The unit can be configured to operate for up to 12 hours of battery life, and its hot-swappable replacement batteries boost the efficiency and reliability in the field. Offering a variety of expansion capabilities, it can be connected optionally to remote databases via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and cellular networks. These support applications such as memory expansion and global communications.
For on-the-spot identity verification where product dependability is essential:Law Enforcement/Corrections
- Reads and validates driver’s licenses, providing an AFIS platform for police.
- Replaces paper-based inmate tracking and census programs with biometric authentication.
- Verifies first responder cards of personnel responding to emergencies or disasters.
- Accounts for individuals leaving disaster areas who are assembling at remote mustering sites.
- Protects borders by reading bordercrossing credentials and government issued documents that support US-VISIT and NEXUS Border Crossing programs.
- Authenticates PIV, TWIC, NG CAC and other issued credentials, delivering instant ID verification in mission-critical environments such as ports and military bases.
- 37-key QWERTY keyboard
- GSA-certified, FIPS 201/NIST SP 800-76 compliant
- Rugged design and construction comply with IP54 and MIL-STD 810F standards for drop and weather resistance
- Integrated 508-dpi fingerprint sensor with optional multimodal support for facial and iris biometrics
- High-resolution color digital touchscreen display with stylus provides excellent clarity in low light and direct sunlight
- Extended long-life Li-polymer battery and hot-swappable field replacement batteries provide up to 16 hours of use in the field
- Ergonomic, lightweight design is ideal for mobile use
MVS utilizes the latest commercially available technology but reserves the right to change the above specifications at its discretion without notice.
The Bluetooth® word, mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by MVS is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.